If you are interested in speaking at Intermountain Big Data
We at Intermountain Big Data(www.utahgeekevents.com) are really excited about this conference. Intermountain Big Data is all about bringing together many different technologies and professionals to learn from each other. It is put together by the community for the community and we hope you will come and share your experience with us!
The call for speakers is currently open. We are accepting speaker session submissions until October 24th 2016 . We will meet that afternoon to make final selections on sessions to include for the event.
If you are already prepared with a presentation you would like to present, you may go to the session''s page and click the "Submit a Presentation" link. This will allow you to enter your presentation information and your presentation will then show on the website as pending. When the selection committee decides to include a session we will contact you to formalize the commitment. Once we receive confirmation your session status will be changed to confirm and your biography will appear in the speaker’s page.
If you do not already have a topic chosen you may browse the list of suggested topics in the sessions page and click the "I Can Present This!" link to add your name to the list of those who have volunteered to present on this topic. Because these topics are also voted on, this is a good strategy if you find you have experience with that topic and want to be sure there is interest. Once you are chosen for a topic you will be contacted to confirm the speaking commitment and once confirmation is received the topic will be changed into a confirmed session and you will be able to edit the session details such as the session name, abstract, and session level.
One of the primary goal of the conference and what we do is growing our community. To this end we pick sessions based on 2 key factors. Community voting is very important to us and is the primary factor for picking sessions. The other factors is giving as many speakers a chance to present as possible, to this end we try and make sure everyone that submits a session gets a place on the schedule before we start picking second sessions by presenters. If you are new to speaking we still want to encourage you to participate we will have a speaker training for all speakers who wish to attend before the event to help get you ready for your presentation.
- Be sure to update your profile by clicking on your name in the menu bar. This profile is what is used when people view your profile or see your biography information on the speakers page. Be sure to also include your shirt size as we provide a Intermountain Big Data shirt to each speaker. Please do the best you can to make sure all of the information in your profile is updated.
- If you need to receive confirmation on your session before October 24th 2016 please contact us and we`ll see if we can accommodate you. Again, the deadline is the last date we will be accepting speaking confirmations but we hope to have sessions confirmed ASAP.
- If you need to rescind your speaking offer, please contact us and we''ll be happy to accommodate. Please try to let us know before October 24th 2016 if possible.
- If you have volunteered for multiple sessions, you may wish to let us know how many to limit you to and what which ones you prefer to do. While we like to have as many different speakers present as possible we do occasionally choose to have a speaker do multiple sessions.
- If the topic you wanted to present is already listed as a session on the website then you may add an additional session. The Intermountain Big Data Speaker Selection Committee will decide which session to include.
If you have any question, please contact us at the email below